The world's newest future Scirocco owner!

Hi everyone!

It is my utmost pleasure to introduce you to the world's newest future Scirocco owner, our son, Justin Peter Toomasson. Justin was delivered to us via C-section on Friday morning, 10/31/03 at 8:01am. The procedure went as smoothly as possible and the attending physicians were quite supportive of our decision for elective C-section once they saw the size of his head!  :)

Even though the delivery went well, Justin's acclimation to the outer world wasn't as smooth. Although the actual details are still being figured out, he seems to have an issue with one of his lungs. At first, they thought it was an infection, then pneumonia, now it's just that one of his lungs is just not completely inflated (for few possible reasons, but all supposedly treatable and not very serious). Needless to say, the 24 hours after his first six were some of the most painful we've ever endured - purely from not knowing the cause of his condition. Supposedly, it's common for some newborns to have this - but it's tough to accept it at the time. But since Saturday afternoon, he has been resting comfortably (though still under observation at the nursery) and he is nursing regularly since yesterday morning. The relief of knowing that he's fine is a huge blessing!

My wife, Shaunda, is doing very well - both physically and mentally - and is every bit of the great mother I knew she would be. I'm very proud of her.

Many people who already have kids have told me that the feelings of becoming a new parent are hard to describe and that "you'll know it when you're there" and it really holds true. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect the sheer exhilaration I get from holding my son!  :)   I know my wife feels the same way.

Take a look at this little guy!  (and please excuse my crude HTML "skills"  ;)

http://validpath.com/images/justin/page_01.htm

Hope you're all doing well - Jeff