  From: Drew Teague
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 10:11 AM
  Subject: tensioner tool?

  Hey, guys.  I got a replacement JH for my car the other day from a friend,
  and Melissa and I will be spending all our free time until I leave Wednesday
  morning putting it in my car so that Melissa will have something to drive to
  Cincy.

  Now, either because I've only ever owned 8v's, because I'm lazy, or more
  likely, both, I've never done a timing belt.  When pricing Potter's
  tensioners, I noticed the tensioner tool, and was wondering if this is a
  necessary thing to have when doing timing belt/tensioner.  I don't
  specifically remember seeing it in the Bentley, but I'm at work now and
  can't check.

  I swear, someday I'll have a nice shop with all the weird little tools I
  need!

  Also, I seem to remember reading something about not being able to access
  the passenger side mount without taking the timing belt off 1st, which would
  mean waiting until the new engine is in before installing the belt...
  anyone?

  I'm just mentally planning the work I have ahead of me...

  **Drew Teague**
  Harrisburg, PA

  '84 8v Rocco --  "Bruise"
  '85 BMW 318i