To the track... my 80 tries the 1/4

  My '80 Scirocco is finally alive and well...
I've taken the car so far to one open track event and
several auto-x events, and now logically it was time to
see how the car would perform at the dragway.
  Keep in mind that this car's sole purpose in development
has been primarily for the open road course, followed by
autocrossing.  But hey, every car has to get a chance to
run down the 1/4 mile track now and again, right?  ;)

  So tonight at the extreme last minute a few listers and
I decided to head down to the track for "test and tune"
night... Anson came down with Victor, and Ron came along
for the job of videographer watching his old car race down
the track, and then later on do a sweet reverse 180 in
the parking lot (Anson is THE man for reverse 180's!!)
**It's all on video for showing at Cincy for the
disbelievers.  ;)

  It was the typical crowd of mainly Mustangs and big engined
cars, but sure enough there were plenty of slooooow ricers
on the scene... ok, maybe a *few* of them were pretty quick.
But then there was this one old Scirocco there that was
pretty darn quick too... oh yeah, that was my rocco!

I made three passes tonight, and all were consistent
14.8 sec. @ 91 mph.

For the most part I was happy with the times...  ;)
(I was absolutely thrilled!)

Just thought I'd share my excitement... anyone else have times
they want to share?

=====
Benjamin Harder
86 Scirocco 16v