P/S setup...including body brackets!

Do what I did.  Go out and find a complete 16V Scirocco for $350, and
take everything you want off of it you want for your MK1.  Brakes, Power
Steering, Seats, Steering Wheel, Engine, AGB Tranny, Lower Stress Bar,
Rear Axel with Sway Bar, Front Sway Bar, Wiring Harness, and then sell
the rest of the spare parts to pay for the car.  I made almost $800 off
the spare parts and body kits between my MK1 and the 16V.  Now I just
have to start putting it all together.  Worst thing I have run into is
exhaust.  Flex pipe is torn, and haven't decided if I want to spen money
on a header and exhaust or replace the flex pipe and buy the TT cat back
Borla exhaust.  $800 versus $460.

Anyways I have found that the cheapest but longest way of getting the
stuff you want is checking backwoods wrecking yards where they know
nothing of the value of a 16V VW.  Keep your eyes open and your efforts
will be blessed!

Chris
79 Scirocco 16V