Cincy and AC Tech

I like the video taping idea for the tech sessions.
Rick K.

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Jim Jarrett
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2003 11:36 PM
To: brian_wagner@sbcglobal.net
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Cincy and AC Tech

Quoting brian_wagner@sbcglobal.net:

> If any lister(s) has an ac conversion hanging over their head and
> wants
> help. Chuck Blue and myself would like to do a conversion clinic. Who
> ever
> the party is they will need the following for an r134a conversion
>
> 3 can of r134a
> 8oz of 134a oil
> AC flush
> Reciever drier
> Expansion valve
> 134 adapters
> 134 compatibale orings
>
> order the reciever drier and expansion valve from Potter or German and
> the
> rest you should be able to get at the local FLAPS.
>
> We will have gauges and a vacuum pump, and will demonstrate to anyone
> interested how to do the conversion. You must supply parts and we will
> supply know how.
>
> Maybe we will video it along with the tranny class by Ron.
>
> Brian

Excellent! I had to replace the compressor on my '84 last year, and
redid the
dryer and o-rings.

I couldn't get the HF vacuum pump to work....but I have the Wal-Mart
refill kit.

I'm in at least for the end game.

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY       93 Passat GLX,     84 Scirocco |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         81 Rabbit Convertible 16v      |