Rear Disc E-brake I have made a discovery!!!!!!

--- "Leach, Michael" <michael.leach@lmco.com> wrote:
> ..good thing most of my Cincy driving will be out of

> state.

Then I guess your problem will be solved in two weeks.
With all the suggestions floating around somebody will
get it working right by the end of Cincy.

And as a side note, I had the same exact problem you
are having. I bought some calipers from the salvage
yard, e-brake would not work, bought a rebuilt from
Autozone, and it barely worked after hours of playing
with all the adjustments, then got better over time.
It's about 85% what it should be now, I still have to
pull the handle all the way up to keep my car from
rolling on my 60 degree driveway. Maybe we can have a
e-brake tech session while at Cincy & I'll get mine to
100% finally. And I think I'm the only one that got
what you were talking about when you said the e-brake
lever on the caliper was all the way to the stop, I
had the exact same scenario.

Later...

=====
Jeff Lowe
Garland, Texas
'59 Euro Spec Beetle (Waiting it's turn for resto)
'64 Type-34 Karmann Ghia (Got parts?)
'86 Scirocco 16V
'98 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4