rear wiper motor and front washer wiring gremlins

1) the front and rear washer pumps are completely difference power circuits.
2) you need to pop the steering off and pull the washer arm side of the
steering (easy 3 screws, 2 plugs it comes right out, then clean the contacts
withcarbs cleaner and what not reassemble and it will fix your problem,
somehow after time the corrosion occurs and creates a non copntact surface
atop the copper plates and nothign happends (or rarely) I had the same
problem, and that is how I solved it.

3) if you have a fuse that blow when you make contact you have a short
somewhere along the line. I would check that first (pop the motor out and
hot wire it to the battery to see if it shorted inside.