burn, baby burn (oil, that is)

Well, after untold hours of this, that and the other thing, intermingled
with a myriad of distractions, the now intercooled Scirocco TD (soon to be
rebadged as a Scirocco GTD) finally hit the pavement for a test drive this long
weekend.

Things to do include installing the pyrometer (probe and gauge) and
sorting out what happened to the lead wire for the rad fan (I changed out
the relay plate because the old one had a bit of water damage at the
glow/fp relay location - looks like the new one has a dead circuit on the
fan fuse.)  I also have to install some new speakers and possibly swap
over the MP3 head unit from the winter beater before Cincy.

Overall I'm impressed - the intercooler has cut down on pretty much all
exhaust smoke - which means once I get the pyro installed I'll be in good
shape to start turning up the fuel - and the new downpipe and 2.5" exhaust
have really made a difference in how that little 1.6 breathes.

She may look like proper hell (especially if I don't get a chance to touch
up some of the really ugly spots) but Carrots should smoke her way to
Cincy for the third year in a row.

Is it time to start packing yet???

Drew

--
|  84 Wolfsburg Edition TurboDiesel Scirocco  |