16V burns quart of oil per 1000miles

Actually I think it is buring more than a quart per thousand miles. Sometimes there is a lot of stinky white smoke coming out of the tailpipe, and sometimes there is not. I checked the oil and added about 3/4 quart and drove MAYBE 200 miles, but it was leaking from the VC gasket which was changed.

Y'know mine was the only rocco at the Orchard Beach GTG on Saturday.
One kid got into a pretty bad fender bender with his expensive and heavily modded MK4 GTi.

---
87 Scirocco 8v
84 Jetta GLi 16v