frount motor mount

In a message dated 5/18/2003 8:38:56 PM Eastern Standard Time, astrocowboy5@hotmail.com writes:

> i have a autotech front motor mount and was told it will break the front cross member and was wondering what is the best
> mount to replace to with?

Well what I have seen over the years is.  People with stock front motor mounts don't seem to be having the front cross member problem.  Conversely, people that are getting front cross member cracks have upgraded harder front motor mounts.  I'm sure there are exceptions in both cases, but for the most part the above is true.  No cracks on my baby, and i've always had a stock mount.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta Vr6