phantom grip diffs

--- "T. Reed" <treed2@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> Scott,
>
> If I understand the quaife/peloquin torsen diffs correctly, they replace
> the part of the stock diff that would normally accept the shim kit. So
> there would be nowhere to install the shims on a quaife-equipped tranny.

Peloquin's 80% kit does what you describe above (heavier springs and cones behind the flanges).
But both Quaife and Peloquin TorSen-type LSDs are entire new diff units.  I am pretty sure the
Peloquin unit can be used with their heavier spring kit, not so with Quaife.  Someone will correct
me if I'm wrong.

Ron