performance question

Hi All,
Just came back from autocrossing the 81 at Blackhawk Farms Raceway, and
learned enough about the car to post a couple of performance questions. In
addition to the fact that I neglected to put high-temp brake fluid in the
car and felt my brakes turn to mush within the first few practice laps, I
seemed to be giving away a lot of high-end performance in the straights
(compared to the third-place Integra, second-place Taurus and first-place
Sterling. I have a stock RD (1.8L 8V) engine in the car with a new
Techtonics exhaust, but have retained the original 81 ignition system,
intake plumbing, fuel distributor, and injectors. I suspect that I'm
hindered by not getting the right air/fuel flow at the top end, with
perhaps a corresponding lack of ignition precision. My questions are:
- If I want to maximize these elements for this motor, do I need to convert
to a complete CIS-E fuel/intake/ignition system, or can I just replace
stuff piecemeal, like the fuel distributor with a different regular CIS one?
- Should I replace the injectors with the later "air bleed" ones?
- And if I do that, should I also graft in the intake plumbing from a later
car to provide the air bleed to those injectors (yes I know it only really
matters at high manifold vacuum and low RPMs)?
- Which ignition?
Thanks,
Cris