another wiring question

Drew Teague <roccnroll@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Ok, I found the green o2 wire and got that all wired up and I wired the
>power to the solid black wire. When I turn the key on, the air/fuel gauge
>lights up for a second and then goes dead. Did I pick the wrong wire? Do I
>want the black/yellow one?
>
>Dan

Well, that shouldn't make a difference. The black/yellow lead is for wiring
high-drain devices like headlights. This circuit is off when the starter is
engaged, assuring max power (Simpson's reference, haha) to the starter.
With the key in the run position (and off position, for that matter), the
solid black and black/yellow wire should act identically. Does the unit
have three wires total, one each for 12v lead, ground and O2 input?

**Drew Teague**
Harrisburg, PA

'84 8v Rocco -- "Bruise"
'85 BMW 318i

No, it has 1 wire for o2, 1 wire for to go to the headlights so that it illuminates at night (this isn't hooked up yet), 1 ground wire and 1 power wire. Could it be that I have to hook it up to the headlights to complete the circuit or something?

Dan