pros and cons of digi 1

--- koabi <koabi@seeohdee.com> wrote:
> My setup is pretty funny...

No kidding! No offense, but it sounds kinda
hacky-wacky. :)

> I think a corrado aftermarket cone filter
> setup would work
> though.

Don't waste any money on a Corrado filter setup.
Remember, the Corrado has a supercharger. The air box
(as well as any aftermarket cone filter) bolts to it.
The only thing you would be able to use is the filter
itself...and you can buy a filter without the rest of
the setup.

No rocket science is necessary. Except for the intake
temp sensor (often referred to as the "co-pot"), all
you need is a tube from the TB to wherever you want
the filter to be. The only funky part is that the TB
is not round so you can't just clamp a straight
silicone connector onto it. I don't have any advice
for that since I have a round G60 TB...

If you make the tubing out of steel mandrel bends (or
splice a metal section into whatever you have), you
can weld-in a bung for the co-pot. I made mine out of
a bit of electrical conduit from Home Depot and used
an angle grinder to cut it to look/work like the one
on the Corrado G60's original plastic tubes. Fits
perfectly.

Neal