[TECH] Cis to CIS w/ Knock Box

Yeah, the 16V has two switches. WOT switch up on top in the "normal" place
and the idle switch underneath the primary plate.
The knock ignition needs two switches. An idle switch and WOT switch.
Fuel needs only the WOT switch.
On the 16V with CIS-e they are integrated. The WOT switch provides input to
both the fuel computer and the knock box.
On your car with CIS you will need the idle switch and TWO WOT switches. You
need two WOT switches because for the fuel the pin on the computer gets
grounded when the switch is closed and for the ignition the pin on the knock
box is supplied 12V when the switch is closed.
So, you can do this two ways:
1. piggyback the two WOT switches on top of each other. This is pretty easy
to do. The downside is the extra weight of the additional switch kept
breaking the switch bracket! Really! I ended up welding a 3/16" bar across
the area that kept breaking.
2. Wire the output of the ignition WOT switch to a relay (and also the knock
box, of course) and have the relay ground the pin on the fuel computer.
Little wiring work, but I bet that goddamned switch bracket won't keep
breaking!

I know this seems like a PITA, but for the knock ignition to work correctly
it really needs both the idle and WOT switches and, of course, we know the
fuel computer needs it's little WOT switch or the mixture is too lean for
max power.
HTH
If this still isn't clear keep asking and I'll see if I can word it
differently to get you over the hump.
Dan