bottom end inspection...

>OK Paully, slow down there!! DO NOT TAKE A BEARING CAP FROM ANOTHER ENGINE
>THAT YOU HAVE "LAYING AROUND"!! Bearing caps are precision machined to fit
>the block. You will most certainly have bearing, clutch, crank failure if
>you jsut slap something in there. If the bearing cap is fucked then
>consequently the block is fucked. This means engine time. However, it has
>been known to replace the bearing with OE stuff (I.E. the dealer kit) and
>make the engine last a bit longer. If you have a built race engine and
>this happened to you; then tear the whole thing down and start again. HTH.

you see? i'm in a delirious state!@$!%!
i'm gone straight bonkers. alright then, so then off the crank comes.
should i take the whole
motor out, or can i just just take out the crank so i can have it machined?
if i have another bearing
cap machined with the crank at the same time, is that acceptable?

pretty much, it's more or less mega screwed. i'm gonna have to take out the
whole motor
most probably so i can have everything on the bottom end machined. sucky. i
don't get it.
the motor was fine last year when i put it away, and now it's totally
screwed. i didn't even
drive it, all i did was start it.

well i'm off to work now so i can check more damage and really see how
bad it is.

i'll update tonight when i get back.

oh man.

paul