bottom end inspection...

OK Paully, slow down there!! DO NOT TAKE A BEARING CAP FROM ANOTHER ENGINE
THAT YOU HAVE "LAYING AROUND"!! Bearing caps are precision machined to fit
the block. You will most certainly have bearing, clutch, crank failure if
you jsut slap something in there. If the bearing cap is fucked then
consequently the block is fucked. This means engine time. However, it has
been known to replace the bearing with OE stuff (I.E. the dealer kit) and
make the engine last a bit longer. If you have a built race engine and this
happened to you; then tear the whole thing down and start again. HTH.

Chris DeLong
Fine Tuning
206.367.5503
www.finetuningperformance.com