Door Hinge Pins

I am sure someone has solved this problem. The driver side door on my 82
rocco drops enough to cause difficulty in closing. I have removed the door
and discovered the bottom hinge has substantial play in it. Looks like the
it is worn at the pivot point, and the shim is worn. How the heck do you
drive the hinge pin out. I have wacked it a couple of times with no luck. I
do not want to smack it and bend or break the hinge that is welded to the
door. The Bentley states the pin. Middle hinge part and shims are
replaceable. Is there a special process to disassemble the hinge components
to replace the worn parts??

Bill
82 Scirocco
(restoration nearly done)