[Blown Engine question...]

Obviously oil figures prominently. I killed a 350 back in the day when th=
e oil
pump stopped working, lots of oil in it, valves got noisy, then it died (=
no
kidding eh?). Siezed piston, snapped connecting rod. (I was running a guy=
 at a
light too!) It got an oil pressure guage after that. As for ours, not a t=
otal
write off, but serious, is the ever popular crank keyway problem (this gi=
ves
what is best described as "continuously variable timing", but not in a go=
od
way.) That's what lead to my only two new engines.
Cathy
1987 2L 16V "the silver headache"
1980 running parts car
looking for Rocc #3

Cory Langford <corylang@dccnet.com> wrote:
> =

> =

> I have seen a number of listers having real troubles with their engines=

> over the last year.  Thrown rods, broken cranks, broken wrist pins, etc=
,
etc.