OT: How can I run a server on my own computer

I know the program your talking about, but no idea how to do it. I have
never run a server on my computer before, to slow of an internet connection.
But you do need your computer to be turned on if you are running a server,
because everything is being loaded from your computer. Let say if you have
pictures on vwvortex and your computer is turned off people wont be able to
see the pictures. You wont be able to access your server either if your
computer is turned off, since you can talk to your server from other
computers.