clutch/oil pressure issues?

Paul,

When you say its rubbing on the shield/cover, I assume you're referring to
the thin metal piece that goes between the engine and transaxle? I'm very
surprised that you say the pressure plate is rubbing on it? How bizarre.

I left the bolts for that piece out when I did my engine swap and have
never got around to putting them back in. They're in a little baggy
somewhere. I wonder if that's one of my rattles.. hmm..

I have a quiet buzzing noise that I just noticed about a week ago when I
push the clutch in. It only happens under certain conditions though (ie.
when the nose of the car is pointing down on a hill) so I immediately just
chalked it up to a rattle.

As far as the oil pressure gauge changing when you push on the clutch,
that sounds like a ground problem. Run some more ground straps from your
engine and tranny to the battery.

-Toby