clutch/oil pressure issues?

hey everyone.
i finally got my car running again after 7 month's of a heavy
hibernation. i had to put it away early at the end of last year
because of an exploding clutch issue.

so i get a centerforce dual friction to finally cure the problem,
install went smoothly. at the same time i get my tranny build up
with a 3.94 RP, .80, new seals, bearings, etc.

i install everything and fire it up. seems to be running nice
until i put my foot on the clutch. i hear a rubbing whine, kinda
like a zzzzzzzzzzz. so i get under the car and pop off the bottom
piece of the bellhousing shield so i can take a look see. i can
see that the pressure plate is like touching the shield that's
bolted to the block. i couldn't even slip a business card in
between it. i don't really remeber how close my other one was,
but this doesn't seem right. even if i put the faintest pressure on the
push rod lever it'll start to make this sound, but when i'm off
the pedal it doesn't make any noise. also while in the car and
pushing the clutch pedal in to hear the sound, i would see my oil
pressure gauge drop like 8 psi when i would push in the clutch.

WTF?!

that's the most wack thing i have ever seen. i've noticed that i'm getting
mega
amounts of oil pressure when the car is at idle also. around 40 psi.

the lifters are ticking like mad also, but i figured that's because it was
sitting for so
long. but even after letting it idle and letting it warm up for like 30
mins, they we're
still clacking like mad. i put some ATF with the oil so see if it would
calm it down
(changing the oil anyway) and it did. after it all cycled through, it
quieted down big time.
took a trip to the gas station, shut off the car, then started it again,
making all sorts of
noise again. when i got back to work from the gas station it was ticking
bigtime again.

the engine was rebuilt like 9000 kms ago and i'm running mobil one 15w50
that has about
3000 kms on it. every lifter is almost brand spanking new. i got some
lubro-moly 5W40 that
i'm gonna throw in on moday. i'm just starting to think this is a bigger
problem then just some
cruddy oil.

any input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks