[TECH] Cleaning Head

On Sat, 03 May 2003 15:48:17 -0400 "Jason F. Snow"
<jasonfsnow@optonline.net> writes:
> Hey Gang,
>
> I want to clean the head before final installation. It was just
> rebuilt,
> but has been sitting for quite sometime. What should I use to get
> the
> airborn dirt off of it? And what process should I use to regrease
> it?
> Without taking it all apart.
>
> Thanks,

Just use a can or two of brake cleaner. No need to regrease anything, the
oil you put in it should do the trick once its back on the block.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V   88' Corvette -AS- #30  2002 SDR Solo2 AS Champion
Scirocco" 84' Scirocco 8V 82' Scirocco RIP 80' Scirocco S 79' "Project
FSP
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!