Digi I ECU need kinda soon!!

Actually, you should be REAL CAREFUL about making sure
you get the correct ECU!

Only in CA did non-Corrados get Digi I, but also
remember that the Digi I in California Corrado G60's
is often different than the Digi I in any other
Corrado! It has OBD-I, if I remember, and uses a
completely different chipset. Your dash light may be
because you plugged in a non-OBD ECU.

The vacuum port on the Corrado ECU is for the MAP
sensor. If your original ECU got the airflow readings
from an external MAP/MAF (I don't know non-Corrado
stuff), then this ECU won't quite run your car
correctly until you run a special calibrated-length
vacuum line to the intake manifold.

I am also not sure if the pin-outs are exactly the
same or not.

Obviously, I am not a complete expert on this subject.
If you aren't able to grab a replacement California
Golf ECU for your car, you might want to hit the G60
board (not the Corrado board) on Vortex, and/or talk
to Danny and Sam at SNsTuning.com about your options.
I know this gets discussed on various Vortex forums
regularly.

Neal

--- Krazy Horse <nightmare16v1988@hotmail.com> wrote:

---------------------------------

Mine is a California car, so it got a Digi I for smog
reasons. Damn smog Nazi's...

-Craig "Nightmare" '88 16v (PG-T Proj.) "Calypso" '91
Golf GL (Daily Driver)

>From: "Jeff Toomasson"
>To: "Krazy Horse" , >Subject: Re: Digi I ECU need
kinda soon!! >Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 09:32:56 -0700 >
Original Message ----- > From: Krazy Horse > To:
scirocco-l@scirocco.org > Sent: Friday, May 02, 2003
9:23 AM > Subject: Digi I ECU need kinda soon!! > > >
My Digifant ECU took a Digifart the other day and now
my Golf won't start. I am in need of a Digifant I ECU
for a '91 Golf 8v. I have been told that VW came out
with a different ECU just about every year for these
damn A2's. I tried hooking up an ECU out of a Corrado
and the car runs, however, there is a vaccume line
that isn't on my original unit. This makes my "Check
Engine" light stay on. I wouldn't care, only I have to
get it smogged this month and that light can not be
on. TIA!! > > > -Craig > "Nightmare" '88 16v (PG-T
Proj.) > "Calypso" '91 Golf GL (Daily Driver) > >