[Re: Front end rumble]

A bad bearing may make noise whenever you shift the weight, at least the
Beetle's did (front L) It was noisy all the time, and worse when you turn=
ed
left or right, or put on the brakes. It was a steady low rumble, and gene=
rated
absolutely no detectable heat on the hub, at least not when you'd feel it=
 with
your hand (not like bad brakes!).That's what my latest noise was, thank
goodness it wasn't a CV, I priced the axles for fun, one was $633 from th=
dealer. Must have titanium or gold in em, they're short little suckers. (=
 and
no, I wouldn't have bought one, it would have been a joint rebuilding pro=
ject,
no remans available yet I guess). It just got done this week.
Cathy