Lazy handling troubleshooting Q

     My car's steering feels squirrely during left hand turns at freeway
speeds, especially if power is applied.  The sensation is that of the front
end turning faster into the turn, causing me to back off the steering for
correction.  I don't feel this at lower speeds, for instance when making a
left hand turn at an intersection.  There is also a squirminess when going
over certain uneven surfaces which feels like something is loose in my
suspension.  I had assumed that the problem would lie in the loaded right
side but the strut bolts are tight as well as the strut bearing nuts.  I
haven't checked beyond this, hence the lazy reference in the subject line.
Am I right in concentrating on the right side?  I have a torn left outer CV
boot.  I bought a boot kit and thought I would reboot and wait and see since
the joint isn't clicking or making noise.  Could the joint have already gone
bad and be the source of the handling weirdness?  Thanks for any help,
benton----