OT and not OT: towing ability

--0-784526370-1048976874=:80903

Since renting a whole truck to move doesn't seem like a viable plan, I was thinking of renting a trailer or 2. Looking at towing with a 8v VW (most likely scirocco) and a 01 Jetta 2.0. Haven't looked up the towing limits yet but I know Allyn's Rieger can tow that parachute of a trailer with a ton of stuff in it. Granted, he doesn't have a stock 8v though... It will be all flat, highway miles until CO. Should I even be considering this as an option or is it not a good idea?

Dan