gas leak / tank recall

Hey, i want to thank everyone, especially Daun Yeagley
for helping me get my new gas tank. The tank is being
replaced under the '91 recall.

Appearantly, the leak wasnt present when the previous
owner(s) brought the car in for the recall, so my
vehicle's VIN showed up as "no open recall campaigns"
in the VWoA database.

I was a little worried though. The diag was quoted at
$110, and after a pressure test, the dealership wasnt
able to find a leak (they were quick to point out the
several other leaks). i brought the car on an empty
tank, so i told them to fill the tank, and sure enough
they saw the leak. Then i had to authorize them to
pull the tank to verify that the leak is in fact the
leak specified by the recall, and if it wasn't it was
$500 just for labor.

As luck and persistence would have it, the leak is
related to the recall.

thanks again everyone.

dave