OT: need moving suggestions NOT SAAB RELATED

--0-773627307-1048893309=:42893

My friends and I have to move a lot of crap from NY to CO in May. My girlfriend told me renting a u-haul would be about $1600 (I don't know where she got this number from, but I assume it's accurate). Does anyone know of cheaper alternatives? None of us has a car that could have a trailer towed behind it.

Dan