Facing a change in scirocco situation [long]

Hehehehe - Yeah - ironic isn't it.

It was easier to borrow a car than try and get
anything else moving when I had to get to work.  I
work evenings, and 11pm is a little dark and cold to
be riding home.  Lot'sa drunk college students on my
road around then too...

The bike only goes 40mph downhill with a tailwind.  I
scared myself pretty good when my little computer said
40... and yeah - I also use my vw to carry my skis,
And occasionally a dog.  Moab is 150 mi away (Best
spring mtn biking in the US), so it is a little far to
ride even if I 'could' do 40 mph the whole way.  I'd
need at least 2 or 3 Power Bars to make it that
far....