time to replace starter?

If wacking the starter with a hammer or other solid object sometimes gets
it started  - this usually ends up being a solenoid is getting stuck.

BUT, engaging your gears and rocking the car while your try to engage your
starter can be a bad spot on the starter brushes.

Either way, easier to replace the thing if you aren't going to rebuild it :)

Cory