[OT: 4 AM musings (Rocc related and LONG)]

--- Cathy Boyko <losinit@usa.net> wrote:
> PS Who would say that one of their cars was "saved from the wreckers" because
> of this group? I'm wondering how many there are. My headache may well have
> been sold early on without the support. It was a mechanical disaster zone.

Victor was absolutely saved from the wrecker.  I learned of him through a work friend who owned
it, he had finally wore it out on the way to work where it sat in the parking lot for a few
months.  One wheel hub and bearing turned to dust, no master cylinder action at all, full of crap.
 The owner was glad to get the $300 I paid for it.  $1500 and two years later, it's running quite
well, now in the hands of Anson, who got it for less than my 'investement' especially if you
consider the time spent!

This list is what stopped me from getting a Rabbit, Volvo, E30 BMW, etc.  I like the cars, I love
the listers!

BTW Cathy you gotta figure out how to get your mail program to add ">" to messages that you reply
to!

=====
Cheapass Ron
Former owner of '87 Scirocco 16Victor
Future owner of '81 Scirocco S 16Victor Jr.