OT: Help with other VW. ticking lifters

Hmmm... I used to have a quantum and now have an audi
4k, both 5 cylinders, both tick. I always assumed it
was the brake  vac booster whatever you call it pump.
i just unscientifically used a tube as a stethoscope
and it *seemed* to be the pump, could be wrong. Its
supposed to be easy to remove the mechanical rod that
ticks but i never bothered.
On the other hand, my fox was in the shop recently, I
had the oil changed, the mechanic went to 10w30 rather
than the 20w50 that was in there and now it's ticking,
ahh well, I should been specific.
If it is still ticking when I change it back I might
try some Marvel Mystery Oil, some people swear it
cures the ticking lifters.

--- Andrew Wong <mkii_84@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ever since its gotten very warm in Florida (Likee
> high
> 80 degrees) my Quantum has made this ticking noise
> that I think are the lifters.  I know they use hyrdo
> lifters like some Sciroccos.  I also had my oil
> change
> only a couple of months ago which in milage was
> about
> 1000 miles ago or less.  I am using 20w50 oil in the
> Quantum,  When it was cold in Florida I did not get
> this problem, but this is the first time I've heard
> ticking.  Either that its the vacuum pump.  The
> ticking goes away once the engine warms up and
> doesn't
> bother me much so I can live with it.  Will changing
> the oil make a difference?
>
> =====
> -Andrew Wong
> 1984 Black Scirocco