eliminating coolant expansion tank(why do we need it?)

--part1_146.d6b377c.2bacea21_boundary

Every car that I have ever seen has a coolant expansion tank somewhere in the
engine bay.  You need it because the coolant needs someplace to go when it
expands.  Only difference is that on our cars the only place to fill the
coolant is from the expansion tank, on other cars you can fill the radiator
as well as the expansion tank.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6

--part1_146.d6b377c.2bacea21_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Every car that I have ever seen has a coolant expansio=
n tank somewhere in the engine bay.&nbsp; You need it because the coolant ne=
eds someplace to go when it expands.&nbsp; Only difference is that on our ca=
rs the only place to fill the coolant is from the expansion tank, on other c=
ars you can fill the radiator as well as the expansion tank.<BR>
<BR>
Brian 86 16v<BR>
98 Jetta GLX Vr6</FONT></HTML>

--part1_146.d6b377c.2bacea21_boundary--