  From: Robbie Cotner=20
  To: T. Reed=20
  Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org=20
  Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 1:19 AM
  Subject: Re: dash switch bezel by driver's knee

  Sounds cool. I know some Sciroccos came with a factory speaker fader =
switch, that may have been there.  You may already know, but FYI I think =
the factory Scirocco heated seat switches were located in the lower =
center console, right in front(towards the hatch) of the shift boot. =20

  -Rob=20

   "T. Reed" <treed2@u.washington.edu> wrote:=20

    Okay, so I was looking on ETKA yesterday and I came across something =
of
    interest.. someone posted a few days ago that they had the electric
    headlight adjusters but needed the switch. Included with the post =
was a
    link to a picture of the switch. Maybe this was on the vortex, I =
can't
    remember..

    Well, the US ETKA has a part number listed for the switch panel =
under the
    dash section. I wonder if I could order that part, carefully carve =
out a
    hole in my dash next to the air vent and have room for more switches =
-has
    anybody tried this? It appears to house 3 switches and/or blanking =
panels.

    I'm guessing it is held in the same way that the cigarette lighter =
bezel
    is held in; with those pain-in-the-ass metal clips.

    What else is there besides the electric headlight adjusters? =
Foglight
    switch goes up next to the defroster..

    I'm thinking that an OEM looking switch panel would be an attractive =
way
    to house my heated seat switches, rather than having to =
painstakingly saw
    a cutout of the appropriate size, being careful not to cut it =
crooked..

    -Toby

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C2EF4A.699E5E00

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My rocco had the fader in it when I got =
it.....it=20
goes up with the defroster......but I pulled it out</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I also have what I'm told is a factory =
roof=20
rack....hehe</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>HTH&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-The George</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Drobw_z@yahoo.com href=3D"mailto:robw_z@yahoo.com";>Robbie =
Cotner</A>=20
  </DIV>
title=3Dtreed2@u.washington.edu=20
  href=3D"mailto:treed2@u.washington.edu";>T. Reed</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Cc:</B> <A =
title=3Dscirocco-l@scirocco.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:scirocco-l@scirocco.org";>scirocco-l@scirocco.org</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Friday, March 21, 2003 =
1:19=20
AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: dash switch bezel =
by=20
  driver's knee</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <P>Sounds cool. I know some Sciroccos came with a factory speaker =
fader=20
  switch, that may have been there.&nbsp; You may already know, but FYI =
I think=20
  the factory Scirocco heated seat switches were located in the lower =
center=20
  console, right in front(towards the hatch) of the shift boot.&nbsp;=20
  <P>-Rob=20
  <P>&nbsp;<B><I>"T. Reed" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:treed2@u.washington.edu";>treed2@u.washington.edu</A>&gt;</=
I></B>=20
  wrote:=20
  <BLOCKQUOTE=20
  style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px =
solid">Okay,=20
    so I was looking on ETKA yesterday and I came across something=20
    of<BR>interest.. someone posted a few days ago that they had the=20
    electric<BR>headlight adjusters but needed the switch. Included with =
the=20
    post was a<BR>link to a picture of the switch. Maybe this was on the =
vortex,=20
    I can't<BR>remember..<BR><BR>Well, the US ETKA has a part number =
listed for=20
    the switch panel under the<BR>dash section. I wonder if I could =
order that=20
    part, carefully carve out a<BR>hole in my dash next to the air vent =
and have=20
    room for more switches -has<BR>anybody tried this? It appears to =
house 3=20
    switches and/or blanking panels.<BR><BR>I'm guessing it is held in =
the same=20
    way that the cigarette lighter bezel<BR>is held in; with those=20
    pain-in-the-ass metal clips.<BR><BR>What else is there besides the =
electric=20
    headlight adjusters? Foglight<BR>switch goes up next to the=20
    defroster..<BR><BR>I'm thinking that an OEM looking switch panel =
would be an=20
    attractive way<BR>to house my heated seat switches, rather than =
having to=20
    painstakingly saw<BR>a cutout of the appropriate size, being careful =
not to=20
    cut it=20
    =
crooked..<BR><BR>-Toby<BR><BR><BR>_______________________________________=
________<BR>Scirocco-l=20
    mailing=20
    =
list<BR>Scirocco-l@scirocco.org<BR>http://neubayern.net/mailman/listinfo/=
scirocco-l</BLOCKQUOTE>
  <P><BR>
  <HR SIZE=3D1>
  Do you Yahoo!?<BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://rd.yahoo.com/platinum/evt=3D8162/*http://platinum.yahoo.co=
m/splash.html">Yahoo!=20
  Platinum</A> - Watch CBS' NCAA March Madness, <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://rd.yahoo.com/platinum/evt=3D8162/*http://platinum.yahoo.co=
m/splash.html">live=20
  on your desktop</A>!</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C2EF4A.699E5E00--