I think VWs are pulling me back into the fold . !

--part1_1d2.58dc7c9.2babecb5_boundary

So I just got back on Tuesday from south America.
I spent 10 days playing with cars and watching a rally.
All of which involved a ton of VWs.

Now I'm starting to miss VWs and my girlfriend comes over and puts the last
nail in the coffin! She shows up in her new Jetta! Sure its a lowly 2.0
crossflow automatic. But she wants me to source out wheels and a small wing
and color match some unpainted parts. Between all of us I think I'm going to
slip on some Zender and charectre (I think I totally butchered that companies
name) body bits when she's not looking.

So on my search for fun little things to put on spike, yup she named her car
spike, I decided I need a new rocco! But I need a refresher on MK II's

First off, what models had rear disc brakes stock?

Second. How hard would it be to convert to disc if I find a project car with
drums.

Third. has anyone tried 17's or 18's with a taller side wall, like a 40
series?

The only reason I ask the last question is for wheel choice and brake
fitment.
I have one set of rims I love and I've been waiting to find something to put
them on. The damned things only come in 18's! But I can find something
similar in 17's to squeeze over the brakes I want to get on a project car.

I think I've been hanging out with my dad and his friends to long. They got
me into figuring out what wheels brake and tire size I want to build the car
around.

Oh yeah I'm not worried about speedo readings Just wheel well clearance.

Ok thanks for reading thru my excited dribble.

~Danny~
01 Impreza RS
88 16v Rocco (sold)
73 Porsche 914 (Who we kidding its a VW!)

--part1_1d2.58dc7c9.2babecb5_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">So I just got back on Tuesday from south America. <BR>
I spent 10 days playing with cars and watching a rally. <BR>
All of which involved a ton of VWs.<BR>
<BR>
Now I'm starting to miss VWs and my girlfriend comes over and puts the last=20=
nail in the coffin! She shows up in her new Jetta! Sure its a lowly 2.0 cros=
sflow automatic. But she wants me to source out wheels and a small wing and=20=
color match some unpainted parts. Between all of us I think I'm going to sli=
p on some Zender and charectre (I think I totally butchered that companies n=
ame) body bits when she's not looking.<BR>
<BR>
So on my search for fun little things to put on spike, yup she named her car=
 spike, I decided I need a new rocco! But I need a refresher on MK II's<BR>
<BR>
First off, what models had rear disc brakes stock?<BR>
<BR>
Second. How hard would it be to convert to disc if I find a project car with=
 drums.<BR>
<BR>
Third. has anyone tried 17's or 18's with a taller side wall, like a 40 seri=
es?<BR>
<BR>
The only reason I ask the last question is for wheel choice and brake fitmen=
t.<BR>
I have one set of rims I love and I've been waiting to find something to put=
 them on. The damned things only come in 18's! But I can find something simi=
lar in 17's to squeeze over the brakes I want to get on a project car.<BR>
<BR>
I think I've been hanging out with my dad and his friends to long. They got=20=
me into figuring out what wheels brake and tire size I want to build the car=
 around. <BR>
<BR>
Oh yeah I'm not worried about speedo readings Just wheel well clearance.<BR>
<BR>
Ok thanks for reading thru my excited dribble.<BR>
<BR>
~Danny~<BR>
01 Impreza RS<BR>
88 16v Rocco (sold)<BR>
73 Porsche 914 (Who we kidding its a VW!)<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_1d2.58dc7c9.2babecb5_boundary--