Exhaust choices

Thanks for the replies guys,

I've looked into custom systems, they don't seem to be as available ove=
here in the UK as they are over in the states.
Powerflow quoted me =A3346.63 ($540.92) for a custom built stainless sy=
stem,
TSR Performance quoted =A3211.50 ($330.02) for a Jetex system (mild ste=
el).
I'll keep hunting round, see if I can find any cheaper.

Cheers,
Adam
http://www.geocities.com/little_log

                                                                       =
                                                               =20
                      "ATS - Patrick                                   =
                                                               =20
                      Bureau"                  To:       "Joe Doty" <Jo=
e.Doty@lcnetwork.com>, Adam J Garside/UK/Contr/IBM@IBMGB,      =20
                      <txrocco@sbcgloba         <scirocco-l@scirocco.or=
g>                                                             =20
                      l.net>                   cc:                     =
                                                               =20
                                               Subject:  RE: Exhaust ch=
oices                                                          =20
                      18/03/2003 18:06                                 =
                                                               =20
                                                                       =
                                                               =20
                                                                       =
                                                               =20

I second that, you can get a complete exhaust with muffler and high flo=
cat
from an exhaust shop for a few hundred dollars (last time I paid 198$
installed) and it fit like a glove... I never saw the real interest in
getting mailed TT exhaust for 200$ then have to pay to get it installed=

(yeah I am lazy).

=3D>-----Original Message-----
=3D>From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
=3D>[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Joe Doty
=3D>Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 10:48 AM
=3D>To: Adam J Garside; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
=3D>Subject: RE: Exhaust choices
=3D>
=3D>
=3D>The chassis is the same but what varies is the size of the spare.  =
My
=3D>brother managed to use an exhaust system from a mk2 Scirocco on his=

=3D>Rabbit, but it wasn't a direct fit.  IIRC it required modification =
=3D>the hangers in the rear.
=3D>
=3D>As always, I recommend going to an exhaust shop and having them mak=
e and
=3D>install one because it comes out way cheaper in the end, at least f=
rom
=3D>what I found.  I ended up paying $211 out the door for having a 2.2=
5"
=3D>exhaust built for my '79, with a stainless Magnaflow.  At that pric=
e,
=3D>I'm never touching an exhaust system again.
=3D>
=3D>Joe Doty
=3D>IT/Development
=3D>joe@lcnetwork.com