Parts from the local PnP

Provided that the Fox donors are just TCI-H, with no knock sensor, you can
easily swap the TCI (transistor controlled ignition) control module and
distributor onto your 8V.  Simply grab the distributor, the hall sender
wiring harness, and the igntion control module, along with its bracket and
heat sink.  Optionally you can grab the coil as well, although your
current coil should work.  You may have a ballast resistor wire powering
your stock coil's ignition circuit that needs to be replaced with a
heavier wire.  I did this on my 1980 rabbit when I converted to TCI-H from
points - but it was so long ago I can't remember the details (seems to me
the ballast resistor wire was a funky colour, like yellow/purple or
something.)

Drew