Herky jerky on accecleration, going up hills

Hey,
I've got a problem with my 82 roc.  For a while now, it does this hesitation when accelerating and going up hills.  I've looked at the Bentley and it does suggest possible problems under fuel.  Anyone have suggestions as to what the hell this is or should I go through the bentley troubleshooting items until I find out what the hell is causing the hesitation.  Oh, and it's much worse when the weather is warm, for some reason.  Also, it gets worse as the motor reaches operating temp.
Thanks for any ideas,
Jeff