25 y.o. springs and shocks gone!

  After having the parts around the house for the better part of a year, I
-finally- swapped out the 77's 25 y.o. suspension for a set of Bilstein
Sports and H&R Sport springs, with a set of ABD poly bushings at all four
points. While I was under there, I swapped out the left tie rod, right tie
rod joint and replaced the boots on the steering rack. The only way I could
have made this a more complete suspension rebuild was to have installed a set
of poly bushings for the steering rack and rear axle. The whole affair toook
about five hours to do.
   The ride on this car feels great! It's not like being in my old Buick
anymore! The tighter cornering is something I've been missing, not to mention
going over bumps and not bouncing all over the road. Another benefit from
having the front end under control again is that I don't hear the poly A-arm
bushings squeeking every time I hit a dip in the road anymore. Ahh, silence.
  The springs give it a mild drop, not ground-sucking low, but just enough to
fill in some of the space in the wheel wells and give it a lower profile,
more like what the factory should have done IMHO. As well, this setup feels
very daily driver friendly, if not a little stiff, the way a German car is
supposed to feel.

Carl
77rocco - Now with less ground clearance! :)
89fox  - donor to be
03saturn - can not modify under penalty of wife!