gas leak / gas tank recall

I've called 2 dealerships on seperate occasions and
provided them w/ my VIN. Both came back saying that my
88 16v has no recalls on it, rather than say that it
wasnt covered. at this point im suspecting that the
previous owners already took the car in for the recall
and the gas leak problem is recurring.

WVWCB0537JK007964

dave