WTF? boost does distributor damage...

On my mk1 I did the same thing (use J tubes and U bends to make my own),
what I did was use an exhaust expander (the hand type) to expand the end a
little.  Not too much or you can't get your silicone connector over it :)

Not as good as a true flange, but seems to work okay.

Cory

At 12:13 PM 03/14/2003 -0800, Neal Tovsen wrote:
>Speaking of flanged tubes: Any suggestions for putting
>a flange or bead on cusom boost tubes? I made my
>tubing myself from 2.25" mandrel bends, and I don't
>have a tube flanging machine...
>
>Neal
>
>--- Cory Langford <corylang@dccnet.com> wrote:
>>

>> Been there done that :) (although my tubes are too
>> low to take out the
>> distrib.) You learn a quick lesson though.  Any
>> boost required the correct
>> fittings.  Real T-clamps (not hose clamps) and
>> flanged tubes ;)
>>
>> Cory

Cory Langford
'86 turbo project - running, just needs tuning :)
'79 Cheap Ass turbo daily driver - Restore in progress...
'65 Ghia - The next project in the garage