Ground Control Sucks!

Just a warning to anyone considering doing business
with Ground Control. Stay away!

I ordered camber plates on Monday. The guy put me on
hold for a minute or two to check, then came back on
the line and said "yeah, we've got them in stock". So
I ordered them, paid extra for 3-day shipping, and set
up an appointment to get the car aligned and corner
balanced on Tuesday next week.

Today, I still had no plates. I called them up,
explained who I was, gave him all my info, and asked
for the status on the order. The guy put me on hold
for a few minutes, and then somebody else comes on the
phone and says "how can I help you?" I hate it when
they do that. I explained the whole thing again. Turns
out he's the guy who took my order. "Well, they won't
be in for at least a week and a half." He says. Though
I'd been completely polite up untill now, he copped an
attitude and completely denied telling me they were in
stock. When I asked why I'd pay extra for shipping if
the part was already two weeks out, he couldn't
answer.

So at this point, I'm expecting AT LEAST a "gosh,
we're sory Mr. Tovsen," and an offer to drop the
shipping charges. I was hoping they'd maybe even offer
to overnight them when they're done. Instead I got
dead silence for about 10 seconds. In the end, they
offered to send me some plates that hadn't been
finished with the engraving or anything...but no
mention of overnighting it, reducing the price for a
half-baked product, nothing. Their "compromise" was
full price for un-finished plates, still later than
promised, with no hint of an apology.

I had to coerce him to talk to his supervisor (he
pretended he didn't get the hint when I asked if his
supervisor was available). Then his super comes on and
he just said "well, why did you want ME on the phone?"

Order cancelled.

I was hoping to get some camber-and-caster adjustable
plates, but I'll make do with Stu's plates from BSI.
Stu may come across gruff on the phone some times, but
he and his staff definitely took ownership when my
block was delayed. They even apologized. What a novel
idea!

Neal