semi OT: Got the Saab back(vent)

--0-1606291960-1047660154=:69086

I was afraid the headgasket went, but was hoping that since there was only white smoke once in awhile it was still okay. To clarify, mechanically there was nothing wrong with my scirocco. Other than mechanical, the sunroof leaked like hell, the driver's door handle was shot, the entire rear quarter was replaced and bondo'd on and is now coming off and there was little rust bubbles everywhere. None of that is really that big of a deal, but I thought I was trading for a car that didn't have those problems and was in good enough condition that it could be made into a nice car with not a ton of work. Yes, I did test drive the saab, we bled the master cylinder out which improved shifting and I figured it would be alright until I could get it to a shop to have them check it out. The fans worked fine and the seller had just replaced the fan temp unit, so shifting was the only problem. It was only after I drove it 12hrs that the other problems showed up.
Dan
 Decker <boisfort@myhome.net> wrote:Hi Dan;    Sounds to me like the Saab has a blown head gasket. Any time the engine gets hot enough to loose all it's coolant one can reasonably expect a blown head gasket and perhaps a warped head. I find your statements about your Rocc confusing. First you state that " the rocc didn't need anything" then you say "I want my rocc back, all it's faults seem so minor now"Brian Decker----- Original Message ----- From: Dan Smith To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 12:45 AMSubject: semi OT: Got the Saab back(vent)

Well, it's offical, drove the Saab to CO from NM and left the rocc there. I definitely got the bum end of the deal, the rocc didn't need anything, the saab needs work. The hydrolic clutch, which I now think were designed by the devil, just doesn't seem to disengage to shift. It's really bad when I have to shift often, otherwise it's ok. The fans died, making the car overheat and spew all  it's coolant all over. I wired the fans to the headlights and figured I'd just drive with the lights on. Well, that didn't work, it promptly blew out the headlight. On top of that, I see occasional white clouds coming from my exhaust now, not constant, just sometimes. The timing and fuel mixtures are so screwed that the car pretty much sucks ass for power and speed. Ugh, I want my rocc back, all it's faults seem so minor now.

Dan

--0-1606291960-1047660154=:69086

<P>I was afraid the headgasket went, but was hoping that since there was only white smoke once in awhile it was still okay. To clarify, mechanically there was nothing wrong with my scirocco. Other than mechanical, the sunroof leaked like hell, the driver's door handle was shot, the entire rear quarter was replaced and bondo'd on and is now coming off and there was little rust bubbles everywhere. None of that is really that big of a deal, but I thought I was trading for a car that didn't&nbsp;have those problems and was in good enough condition that it could be made into a nice car with not a ton of work. Yes, I did test drive the saab, we bled the master cylinder out which improved shifting and I figured it would be alright until I could get it to a shop to have them check it out. The fans worked fine and the seller had just replaced the fan temp unit, so shifting was the only problem. It was only after I drove it 12hrs that the other problems showed up.
<P>Dan
<P>&nbsp;<B><I>Decker &lt;boisfort@myhome.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<STYLE></STYLE>

<DIV><FONT size=2>Hi Dan;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Sounds to me like&nbsp;the Saab has a blown head gasket. Any time the engine gets hot enough to loose all it's coolant one&nbsp;can reasonably expect a blown head gasket and perhaps a warped head. I find your statements about your Rocc confusing. First you state that "&nbsp;the rocc didn't need anything" then you say "I want my rocc back, all it's faults seem so minor now"</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Brian Decker</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A href="mailto:sad_rocc@yahoo.com"; title=sad_rocc@yahoo.com>Dan Smith</A> </DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A href="mailto:scirocco-l@scirocco.org"; title=scirocco-l@scirocco.org>scirocco-l@scirocco.org</A> </DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Friday, March 14, 2003 12:45 AM</DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> semi OT: Got the Saab back(vent)</DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<P>Well, it's offical, drove the Saab to CO from NM and left the rocc there. I definitely got the bum end of the deal, the rocc didn't need anything, the saab needs work. The hydrolic clutch, which I now think were designed by the devil, just doesn't seem to disengage to shift. It's really bad when I have to shift often, otherwise it's ok. The fans died, making the car overheat and spew all&nbsp; it's coolant all over. I wired the fans to the headlights and figured I'd just drive with the lights on. Well, that didn't work, it promptly blew out the headlight. On top of that, I see occasional white clouds coming from my exhaust now, not constant, just sometimes. The timing and fuel mixtures are so screwed that the car pretty much sucks ass for power and speed. Ugh, I want my rocc back, all it's faults seem so minor now.</P>
<P>Dan</P>
<P><BR>
<HR SIZE=1>
--0-1606291960-1047660154=:69086--