Intro and questions

Thanks for the reply,

I have thought of doing just what you suggest, however I am looking for more
chassis re-enforcement's than just strut bars. This car does and will get
the crap beat out of it during autoX, if I can strengthen some of the weak
points as I repair them  I could kill a few stones with one bird. I'm just
wondering if this would strengthen this area or would it be as weak or
weaker than the strut bar.

As far as welding, I know a couple of good welders in my area that would do
this for me cheaply enough.

Thanks again,

Tom C
'79 "The Project" Scirocco