TurboDiesel exhaust (was Re: got my 2.5" centre pipe!)

I have a 1.6 hydro (box o' 89+ TD jetta parts) with an AAZ (A3 1.9td)
turbo.  My donwpipe is currently the A3 pipe cut below the flex join with
an A1 TD downpipe (cut at the swivel) welded on.  The new downpipe will
use the 2.25" mandrel bend welded on at this point.

The A3 pipes bolt straight to the turbo and incorporate a stainless
braided flex join - they are far less restrictive than the cast elbow used
on A1 and A2 TD's.

You can see pics of the current downpipe on my web page under
powertrain, or here:

http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd/carrots_dp1.JPG
http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd/carrots_dp2.JPG

I use the later style A3 downpipe to match the later style KKK turbo, but
the earlier A3 pipe bolts right up to A1 and A2 turbos.

With the smaller diameter A3 turbo (and no muffler) and 12psi wastegate
the 1.6TD performs quite well, spooling very quickly (boost comes on much
lower than the bigger A1/A2 turbos, building from 1500)

Drew