Unbaked X-member reinforcement ideas

> how about attaching it to a bar which goes
> vertically to the top X-member?  My reasoning is that this would spread
the
> force to the less stressed top X-member.

that upper core support would easily buckle under the load of the engine
torque. the upper core support simply cant support that type of force at its
center. a better idea would be to form a large 'v' with 2 members, each
starting at the mount bracket and extending upwards to each corner where the
upper core support meets the body. this leaves the upper support handline
tensile/compressive, while the inner fender panels handle the up/down load
(which they should be able to, as they are mostly vertical).

Al