Unbaked X-member reinforcement ideas

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 07:27:32 +0000 "Ben Channard" <zeroid@hotmail.com>
writes:

<http://www.parts4vws.com/registry/registry_detail.asp?MemberCarID=3945>

Wanna see a very illegal FSP car? Go there. ^^^^^^

>   how about attaching it to a bar which goes
> vertically to the top X-member?  My reasoning is that this would
> spread the
> force to the less stressed top X-member.  Moreover, since the bar is
> stronger with respect to compression than to lateral deflection, a
> smaller and lighter device could be used.

What top X-member? You mean the upper stress bar? or do you mean the top
of the core support?
Either way, bad idea. Neither would be strong enough to handle it.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V   88' Corvette -AS- #30  2002 SDR Solo2 Champion
Scirocco" 84' Scirocco 8V 82' Scirocco RIP 80' Scirocco S 79' "Project
FSP
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com