diesel starter questions

May I suggest an "impact screwdriver" for removing those lovely screws
holding the solenoid on? They love to strip right out with an ordinary
screwdriver.

Something like $8 from harbor freight, or $12-ish at your flaps

Mine even has an adaptor so I can use it with any 1/2" drive
accessories. That way I can still have an impact tool of sorts during
power outages, heh!

-Toby