#2 spark plug hole screwed

Sure, absolutely, do it right the first time BUT if you don't have the time,
money, know how, or whatever to pull the head off for a few arnry threads
then you do what you can.  I have thought about the valve thing and I don't
think (if it was caught in there in the first place which would be kind of
tough to fight against the vacuum) that it would be able to stay there long.
Maybe a few rotations with the heat and pressures of the combustion chamber
and the fact that aluminum and steel will not weld to each other.  I was
taught this by veterens and, like I said, has never been detrimental.
Granted, I haven't cross-threaded many plugs but when you work on cars 8-10
hrs a day and pull and install 50 plus plugs a week it will happen
especially working flat-rate where you're paid on your speed.  By all means,
pull the head, spend the money if you have it but if not I would almost
guarantee you wouldn't have a problem just chasing the threads quickly and
running it.  You can try to get the pieces out but you probably won't get
them all.  HTH!

Dave